Click HERE to review the City Ordinances.
BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
Building Permit Department Hours are Monday-Thursday 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm
The City of Simonton strictly enforces its building code ordinance. ALL structures within the City of Simonton, must be permitted. The fees vary for new residential construction, additions, accessory structures and commercial projects. The fee is based on the valuation of the individual project.
Residential, Commercial, and Accessory Structure Permitting:
- Submit a building permit application (residential, commercial, or accessory structure) with the necessary building documentation. Click to review the Permit Applications
- To see a list of the requirements needed when submitting a particular building permit please see Residential New Home Plan Review Checklist Commercial Plan Review Checklist
- Building permit fees are due upon submission of application.
- Once the building plan review and flood plain review are approved, you will be contacted to pick up the permit and adhere the permit onto a location near the project that can be seen from the right-of-way before beginning project.
- Upon completion of the build, when applicable, a Certificate of Occupancy permit application will need to be applied for and permitted before a Certificate of Occupancy letter is issued.
FLOOD PLAIN DEVELOPMENT PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
Flood Plain Development Permits are required to satisfy the requirements for FEMA Flood Insurance. This has been a requirement since Simonton joined the National Flood Insurance Program.
Much of the land area in the City of Simonton lies within the 100-year flood plain as defined on FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps. In the very near future FEMA will formally adopt new Fort Bend County flood maps. These maps will place virtually all properties in Simonton within the 100-year flood plain. For Simonton’s best interest, should ever a flooding disaster occur, FEMA requires all structures to be review for compliance.
To review the elevations of property in Simonton, CLICK HERE to use Fort Bend County’s Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (DFIRM).
ALL STRUCTURES must obtain a Flood Permit. The process involves review by the City’s Flood Plain Administrator.
FLOOD PLAIN REVIEW FOR DRIVEWAYS
If you are building a driveway which is effectively at grade level, no flood plain review is needed.
Building in Valley Lodge?
Along with City of Simonton’s Building Permits, it is our understanding that an architectural review is required by the Valley Lodge Property Owner’s Association. For the convenience of the community, we are pleased to provide this link to the CIA Services website which may help.