To see the Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on Ballot for the May 5, 2018 Election, please click here
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION
To elect the following:
One (1) Mayor
Two (2) Alderman (Council Members)
If you are interested in seeking one of the positions, please visit the office of the City Secretary, Erica Molina between the hours 8am-5pm Monday through Thursday or Friday 8am-12pm.
Qualifications as follows:
- United States citizenship
- Texas resident for at least 12 months as of the deadline for filing for the office;
- City Resident for at least 6 months preceding election day;
- 18 years of age or older upon the commencement of the term to be filled at the election;
- Not have been convicted of a felony for which he or she has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Not have been deemed mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
This election will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2018. Early Voting will be two weeks prior and those dates will be announced later. To file an application, please pick up a packet at the City Secretary’s office located at City Hall, 35011 FM 1093, Simonton, Texas.
The first day to file an application for place on the ballot is January 17, 2018. The last day to file an application for place on the ballot is February 16, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
If you have any other questions regarding the General Election for the City of Simonton, please feel free to contact City Secretary at 281-533-9809.